Book for accommodation at the Cité Descartes International Residence with acc&ss Paris-Est
In the heart of “Cité Descartes” Campus, the “Résidence Internationale” welcomes foreign PhD students and researchers of Université Paris-Est. The “Résidence Internationale” offers rental of furnished and equipped studios – some of them for disabled- and two-room apartments. Apartment features: a sofa bed, with an extra bed in the two-room apartment, desk, bathroom, storage, an equipped kitchen with hotplates, microwave, fridge, a free high speed Internet access and a car park. Residents have access to a meeting room and a working area. Additional services : household linen rental, breakfast service, washing machine/dryer, housekeeping.
To apply for accommodation please :
– fill in our online registration form : acc&ss Paris-Est registration
We will forward your application to Suitetudes Manager. He will consider your request and send you a confirmation by e-mail. You can check in from Monday to Friday. You will receive an e-mail with information regarding check-in (keys, entry codes, late arrival and/or during weekend).
9, avenue Blaise Pascal
– RER A, Noisy-Champs Station : 45 minutes from Paris
– Bus ligne 100 Créteil l’Echat – Torcy : 35 minutes from Créteil
In accordance with the three-way agreement between Logirep, Suitétudes and Université Paris-Est, the “Résidence internationale de la Cité Descartes” in Champs-sur-Marne provides short or long stay accommodation for internationally mobile scientists, both doctoral and post-doctoral researchers and visiting professors. They may, where appropriate, be accompanied by their families but they must be invited by one of the constituent bodies of the Université Paris-Est.
Masters 2 students registered with a LABEX, research institute of excellence, may be entitled to accommodation subject to availability.
acc&ss Paris-Est is the entry point for housing applications. Suitétudes manages the Residence.
A list of criteria has been established in collaboration with Suitétudes because of the large number of applications received for housing.
Priority is given to:
- Requests for scientific mobility (applicants should not be residents of France at the time of application).
- Requests for a short stay (less than 6 months) in the 15 studios reserved for this purpose;
- Students registered with a LABEX, research institute of excellence, admitted to a PhD program.
Applications from scientists with a permanent position may be accepted if they are on an international mobility program. In this case, the stay is limited to one year.
Renewal applications are accepted provided that:
– The scientist remains in post in a research institute which is a part of Université Paris-Est.
– The apartment was well maintained during the previous period.
– The scientist is up to date with rental payments.
– The number of occupants per apartment is respected.
At the end of their stay in Paris-Est University / Gustave Eiffel university or if they are hired for a permanent position, scientists may apply for a one month extension to facilitate moving arrangements. In the case of doctoral students, the stay may be extended up to three months after the date of the thesis defense, to enable them to complete their work.
Studios (18m ² and 23m ²) are occupied by a maximum of two people. These studios (containing a sofa bed for two people) are reserved for couples or one adult and one child.
Other applications are considered on a case by case basis, upon written request to the manager of the residence.
The 2-room apartments are reserved for families (couples with children). They may be occupied by up to 4 people. When all apartments are occupied, applications are kept on a
waiting list for 6 months.
Roommates are not allowed.
* For stays of more than 6 months: liability insurance is mandatory.
It is recommended to take out home insurance for your personal belongings.
* For stays of less than 6 months: it is advisable to take out liability insurance during your stay.
Find out the difference between insurance and contact details of our partners : email@example.com