If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area or of Switzerland, you do not need a visa to stay or to work in France. A valid ID card is sufficient.

Based on your nationality, as well as the length of and the reason for your stay in France, you may need to apply for a short or long-stay visa (student, scientist-researcher, researcher’s talent passport, visitor…) from the French consulate in your place of residence. Ask your host establishment or your acc&ss center what status you should request.

To find more information concerning your situation, you can go to the official website FRANCE-VISAS : 


It is recommended that you check with your consulate to see if there are any additional documents you will need to provide.