Do you come from a country outside of the European Union (except Algerian citizens) and are conducting research or teaching at a university in France for more than 90 days? The “Passeport talent – chercheur” (researcher – Talent passport) residence permit is made for you!
Did you just arrive in France with a “Passeport talent – chercheur” visa? Are you already living in France with a residence permit and you wish to renew it?
The steps required to apply for a “Passeport talent – chercheur” (researcher – Talent passport) residence permit may vary based on your circumstances:
- You are coming to France with a “Passeport talent – chercheur” visa – R311-3 9° or « 431-16 10° or « PT4 VLSTS valider en ligne »
- You are coming to France with a “Passeport talent – chercheur” visa – L313-20 4° or L421-14
- You would like to renew your residence permit
- you are already in possession of a researcher residence permit issued by a member country of the European Union (in accordance with Council Directive 2005/71/CE dated October 12, 2005). You can:
- carry out a portion of your research in France in accordance with the hosting agreement signed in the first member state, if your stay in France will last 3 months or less
- apply for a “Passeport talent – chercheur” from the police headquarters of your place of residence in France, without applying for a visa beforehand, if you will be staying in France for longer than 3 months
And what about your family?
Your family that will be accompanying you (spouse and children) may benefit from a specialized process.