From September 5th to October 28th, 2022
Use the form below to make an appointment
FROM SEPTEMBER 5 TO 28 OCTOBER 28, 2022
From Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm
For all questions relating to your stay in France (accommodation, information on visa validation, residence permits, health insurance, French courses…)
- On-site welcome, at the Welcome Desk Paris : Would you like to meet the Welcome Desk Paris team for questions about all your administrative steps? You can visit us without any appointment at the Welcome Desk Paris/acc&ss Paris Centre premises, located in Paris at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris, Maison Internationale, 17 boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, RER B / T3 station Cité universitaire.
- Video-call welcome, with an appointment only (Please make an appointment : choose équipe acc&ss accueil à distance and service acc&ss – rendez-vous en visio using the appointment scheduling module below)
For a better welcome and follow-up, please register with us before your appointment or your visit by filling in our on line form
To be welcome by the préfecture de Police de Paris : Point d'Accès Numérique (PAN) dedicated to students and researchers
New: A digital access helpdesk Point d’Accès Numérique dedicated to students and researchers welcomes you at the Welcome Desk Paris 2022!
Service offered by a préfecture de Police de Paris officer
- Assistance with the submission of applications on the ANEF (validation of the student or passport-talent researchers VLS TS visa, first applications or applications for the renewal of a student or passport-talent residence permit)
- Answers to miscellaneous questions
Timetables and reception arrangements for the Digital Access Point (PAN)
Opening hours and terms and conditions may vary during the duration of the Welcome Desk Paris. Please consult this web page before going to the PAN.
- Week from September 5th to September 9th, 2022 : Welcome without appointment from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th and Friday 16th, September 2022 : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Monday 19th, Wednesday 21st and Friday 23rd, September : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Monday 26th and Wednesday 28th, September : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Update of Thursday 29 September : only from 1 to 3 pm
- Monday 3rd, Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th, October : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Monday 10th and Wednesday 12th, October : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Monday 17th, October : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Last day on Wednesday 26th, October : Welcome without appointment from 10 am to 12 and from 1 to 3 pm.
To meet with a CAF agent at the Welcome Desk Paris and receive help with your application for housing assistance online : make an on-site appointment at the Paris Welcome Desk (please choose “CAF – Rendez-vous à la Cité internationale“).
Welcome from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 to 5 pm
For an assistance with the submitting of your online request for APL, don’t forget to bring the necessary information on the day of your appointment.
You will need to bring:
- a valid email address;
- a RIB (BIC/IBAN format);
- your rental agreement or lease;
- contact details of the landlord, the amount of the rent and the room area;
- whether you are tax-related to your parents;
- if your parents are receiving benefits, have their beneficiary number and their CIF of belonging (housing department).
Attention: please note that if you are a resident of the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris, if you change your room, even within the same house, your rights may change : you must inform the CAF of any change.
To talk with a CAF agent with a telephone appointment please make an appointment by choosing CAF – Rendez-vous téléphonique . Please note that only French numbers can be reached. If you do not have a French number at the moment, we invite you to make an appointment on site.
Telephone appointments on Wednesdays only
If your request does not concern the accommodation assistance procedure, you can, like any Parisian, make an appointment with an expert of the Caf de Paris via the Caf.fr > Contact my Caf.
To meet with a health insurance agent at the Welcome Desk Paris and receive help for any question about the French health insurance (CPAM / Assurance Maladie) or your request for the Complémentaire santé solidaire, please make an appointment choosing CPAM – rendez-vous à la Cité internationale.
On-site welcome on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 to 5 pm.
To meet with a Pôle Emploi advisor and be accompanied in your search for student jobs or internships, or about your CV, please make an appointment
Appointment on Tuesdays from 9 am to 1 pm, and from 2 to 5 pm.
From Tuesday 11th, October : video-appointment only
On October 13th the Association Bernard Grégory (ABG) welcomes with an appointment PhD students and PhDs to discuss about their career
Since its founding in 1980, the Association Bernard Grégory (ABG) has worked to promote the career development of PhD-holders, the innovative capacities of businesses, and to capture the value of skills acquired through training in research.
Are you a PhD candidate or a PhD holder? Are you wondering about a specific aspect of your career path or, more generally, about the next step in your career plan? ?
The ABG (Association Bernard Grégory) is invited as a participant at the Welcome Desk Paris and is offering you flash interviews (30 minutes), on October 13th, 2022, from 2 pm to 5 pm, at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris.
Beware: welcome with an appointment only.
These face-to-face interviews are intended to assist you in: :
- Your job search and the development of your communication tools (CV, LinkedIn profile, etc.) ;
- The recruitment process ;
- Developing your career plan ;
- Marketing your skills, especially outside of academia ;
- And on many more topics……
The ABG consultant will introduce to you and make available to you :
- Job offers specific to PhD holders, in a wide range of disciplines and sectors of activity;
- The ABG DocPro skills assessment tool : DocPro.
Show your CVs !
Companies come to meet you at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris to offer student jobs at the Forum Jobs d’hiver, on October 20th, 2022, from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
After the Welcome Desk Paris, the acc&ss team welcomes you without an appointment in the Maison internationale of the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris.. Opening hours available here
Video appointments also available.
ADIL de Paris
ADIL 75 (Agence Départementale d’information sur le logement)
A legal advisor from the ADIL 75 will inform you about your rights and obligations related to your lease, from your arrival in your apartment to your departure, by email with a dedicated email address, during all the duration of the Welcome Desk Paris. Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Préfecture de Police de Paris
Préfecture de Police de Paris
For your procedures related to residence permits, the Paris prefecture informs you that most of the procedures of students and researchers are now dematerialised. There is almost no reception in the prefecture, and the very few receptions are only by appointment.
- Algerian nationals with a long-stay visa marked “student” and holders of a long-stay visa marked “student – mobility” « étudiant – mobilité » must apply for their residence card on the ANEF web site (Administration Numérique des Etrangers en France).
- Holders of a short-stay visa bearing the mention « étudiant concours » and having passed the examination for which the visa was issued, as well as holders of a visa « mineur scolarisé » having reached their majority, if they reside in Paris, must contact the Reception Centre for foreign students of the Paris Police Prefecture (centre de réception des étudiants étrangers) using the online contact form
- Applications for the renewal of student residence permit (validadated student VLS TS or residence permit) are also made online on the ANEF web site (Administration Numérique des Etrangers en France) .
- Applications for APS or RECE – Recherche d’Emploi Création d’Entreprise (Job Search Business Creation ) residence card are to be submitted with an appointment to be taken on the préfecture web site
- The first applications (in case of a long-stay visa valid for 3 months with the mention of a residence card to be requested, “carte de séjour à solliciter”) and the applications for the renewal of residence permits Passport Talent Chercheur are also online only, on the NEF web site (Administration Numérique des Etrangers en France)
- How to go and get your residence card:you have been informed that your residence permit is ready : make an appointment on the web site of the préfecture de Police de Paris to go and retrieve it.
How to know everything about students processes in Paris préfecture: https://www.prefecturedepolice.interieur.gouv.fr/demarches/les-etudiants-etrangers
How to know everything about Passeport Talent processes in Paris préfecture: https://www.prefecturedepolice.interieur.gouv.fr/demarches/les-passeports-talents
Contact the Reception Centre for International Students and Researchers (Centre de réception des étudiants et chercheurs internationaux) or the Researchers (Chercheurs) Service of the Préfecture de Police de Paris, or the Salle de remise des titres de séjour (Office for the retrieving of the residence permit): use the contact form of the Prefecture of Police of Paris and select the competent service according to the nature of your request:
Any application for a residence permit (renewal or change of status) filed on the ANEF https://administration-etrangers-en-france.interieur.gouv.fr less than 2 months before the expiry of this permit will be subject to a delay fee of € 180 !
To avoid paying a late fee, you must file your renewal application between 2 and 4 months before the expiry date of your residence permit.
The application for the renewal filed after the date of expiry of the residence permit shall remain accepted until 6 months after the date of expiry but a late fee shall be applied.