The Welcome Desk Paris is back!
Open from January 13th to February 14th, 2020.
Welcome Desk Paris
For the 17th consecutive year, the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris is setting up a multi-service and multilingual hosting platform for international students and researchers, from September to November 2019, with the support of the City of Paris and the Île-de-France Region. And for the first time, a winter session will take place from January 13th to February 14th, 2020, in particular to support newcomers.
The principle of this one-stop welcome desk: allow you, in one place, to carry out your administrative procedures and to find the necessary advice and information for your study or research stay in Paris Region.
After the Welcome Desk Paris of the fall 2019, a new session will take place
– from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm (last arrival at 4:30 pm)
– the acc&ss team will also welcome you there on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 7:30 pm
– the information bar of the Welcome Desk remains open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 7:30 pm.
Where to find us ?
17 boulevard Jourdan – 75014 Paris
RER B / T3a – Cité universitaire
The services of Welcome Desk Paris
Officers from the Préfecture de Police de Paris will inform and guide you to complete your administrative procedures by appointments.
Advisors from the l’Assurance Maladie de Paris will inform you about your rights for universal health insurance, affiliation, finding a doctor, “carte vitale”…
An advisor from Pôle Emploi will help you with regard to your CV, defining your skills and job search.
A representative from the Direction du Travail (DIRECCTE) will inform you about temporary work permits, legislation for working students, and change of status from student to employee.
Welcome, information and support
The acc&ss Paris Centre team of the Cité Internationale universitaire de Paris and multilingual international students will answer your questions on various topics related to international mobility.
The Information Bar of Welcome Desk Paris is a self-service digital space that allows you to browse the sites dedicated to international mobility and to carry out your electronic administrative procedures with the help of the acc&ss team of the Cité internationale. Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays | 9am – 5pm – Tuesdays, Thursdays | 9am – 7:30pm – Saturdays |10 am – 1 pm.
Help to register on the lists of electors at the Welcome Desk Paris on Monday 20th, January, Monday 27th, January and 3rd, February 2020
If you are a European citizen and you reside in France, you have the right to vote in the municipal elections of the 15th and 22nd of March 2020! To be allowed to vote, you must be 18 years old and registered on the French lists of electors. Identification and proof of residence will be required.
If you would like to be accompanied in your steps for your registration on the lists of electors, please note that agents in voluntary community service at the Mairie de Paris can help you at the Welcome Desk Paris during their permanence on Monday , January 20th and 27th, and February 3rd, 2020:
- help to fill in the CERFA form (for paper applications to be brought to the Town Hall)
- or help to do the on line application (the online registration will have to be completed by providing identification and proof of residence in Paris later but before February 7th, 2020 if the procedure cannot be finalised on the spot).
Open from January 13th to February 14th, 2020, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (last entrance at 4:30 pm) in the multi-purpose room (“salle polyvalente”) of the Maison Internationale, at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris.
What to do at the Welcome Desk Paris ?
- Inform you about all the steps to take for your stay in Ile-de-France with the acc&ss team,
- Carry out your dematerialized administrative procedures with the help of the acc&ss team, in the digital self-service space,
- Apply for the renewal of your student residence card with Prefecture de Police de Paris*,
- Apply for your first residence permit (specific visa cases, like students getting the age of majority, or being successful with a competitive exam, or researchers ) with the Prefecture de Police de Paris,
- Get informed on work permit (with DIRECCTE), student health insurance (with CPAM), job counseling & orientation (with Pôle Emploi)
* The Prefecture of Paris Police (CRECI) welcomes students only by appointment, and welcomes researchers only without a researcher officer (“correspondant chercheur”) in their host institution. Only application files of students and researchers living in Paris (75) will be processed. Residents of the Cité Internationale universitaire de Paris are welcomed by appointment issued by acc&ss service. For any information regarding your residence permit (how to make an appointment, documents to be provided, procedures for applying for APS/job search residence card or change of status), come and meet the Welcome Desk Paris acc&ss team in the multipurpose room of the Maison Internationale.